Monday, March 9, 2009

Last Monday before March Break

We did the lesson on figurative language in the grammar workbook after SURF, and we took it up as well. I outlined the grammar schedule for the week, with a grammar quiz slated for Thursday.

I handed out your Interim reports, and handed back any reading journals you didn't get on Friday if you were away. Your second part of the ISU is due TOMORROW!!!

We discussed further distancing techniques in the Publisher's letter which you worked on independently. You should have a really good sense of how reliable this "true tale" is. What you don't know is why Swift wrote it, so I should remember to tell you that tomorrow. I let you use the last 20 minutes of class for reading the novel. There will be a content quiz on chapters 1-3 since we agreed that we won't read the novel aloud together, and once you get past the two introductory letters, it's actually quite easy to read. I hope you are enjoying it. I'll give you most of the class tomorrow to read it as I have scheduled meetings with students to discuss their thesis during the period in order to fit all the meetings in before Reading Week.