Friday, March 6, 2009

Friday!!

I handed back your Reading Journals today, but of course, forgot your Progress Reports, which is a pain, since I spent my prep period yesterday finishing them. I'll hand them out on Monday. We did a grammar lesson on language register (standard, colloquial, slang) and also one on Canadian, American, and British spelling variations.

I showed you the exemplars for the second part of your ISU - quotation analysis, Frye, and your secondary source. If you don't have the sheet on how to do a quotation analysis, check my post for useful handouts and you'll find one there. I let you read chapter one of Gulliver's Travels for the rest of the period. I will tell you how much of the book I expect you to have read when you come back from March Break - it's not the entire book, but you should at the very least be using your SURF period to keep up if you won't have time while you are away.