Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday Grammar and Quotation Analysis

So - I hope I created a really painful review class for you - I do my best:

We reviewed Parts of Speech, 5 Necessary Elements of a Sentence, and Four Most Common Sentence Structure Errors. You will have a test on these on Friday. We did this review at the beginning of the semester, but most people didn't seem to know it, so the test should help to solidify your learning. I've posted a sheet on conjunctions for your further edification.

We also covered Clauses and Sentence Construction. This information will not be on your test, but you should know it because understanding clauses and sentence construction does help you to eliminate most of your sentence structure errors.

I also handed back most of the assignments, and I'll return the ones which came in today on Thursday. You will be resubmitting these for an actual evaluation on Monday. One friendly reminder that your final essay copy will be submitted on April 9th. Keep working at this so you don't get stressed out at the end.