Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Still reviewing grammar - pages 21-24. I have the answers to these questions if you want/need the feedback. Remember, I'm just reviewing the lessons, not actually teaching them, so you'll need to do most of the actual work on your own.
I gave you a handout on Reader Response and on Argument. I reviewed the reader response page with you, and I'll go over argumentation tomorrow.
I showed you two exemplars of reading journals on the overhead. Remember, your notes should be a minimum of 5-6 pages and hand-written (but legible). If you are a plot reader, be prepared to read your book twice.
Finally, I assigned "Of Revenge" by Francis Bacon from your Echoes text (p 344). Answer questions 1, 2, and 4.
I'll take Revenge and Brave New World questions up tomorrow.